Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's your March Madness?

I know not everyone is a college basketball fan.  I don't know why, but I know some folks must get  jazzed up about other things in March.  This is my favorite sports-related event of the year (I am talking about the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament for those of you who REALLY aren't college basketball fans), but here are some other things I'm excited about right now.
Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)1. The release of Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter.  This is happening  TODAY and I am heading to pick it up at the bookstore as soon as I finish watching the suddenly nail-biting Western Kentucky/ Mississippi Valley State game.  I can 92% guarantee that I'll read the whole thing tonight.  The Gallagher Girls are the best.
2. Being able to say "Beware the Ides of March" in two days, my favorite Shakespeare quote to toss out.  I have yet to say it to anyone (other than my mom, who says it too) who gets the reference.  I guess I need more cultured friends?  (To my friends- just kidding :)).

3. Spring weather!! Today was SEVENTY degrees.  Sunlight makes me so happy.

Tell me, what are you excited for this March?  If you are a b-ball fan, who are your final four teams?  Mine are Kentucky, Missouri, Florida State, Kansas.  Sadly my beloved BC team had a tough rebuilding year and are not dancing.


5 comments:

  1. I love the Ides of March too. A friend has already booked it for a weekend in two years because she has a toga party vision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is awesome for two very fantastic reasons. First, today is Pi day. So celebrate with a pie. Second, the 21st is Bach's Birthday.

    As for March Madness, I'm trying to finish draft 1.5 soon (not this month, maybe next month), and that is truly madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This March I'm excited to read Out of Sight, Out of Time which my big sister and blogger extraordinaire has promised to loan me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT wait to read this book. Although I'm sad, isn't this the last one? I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice on the 70 degrees. It's not snowing here, so that's something.

    Happy St. Pats!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Please keep them PG as I am writing for kids and young adults and hope some of them will find their way here.