Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Listen to the birdie (tweet, tweet)

I have sent my first tweet!  I am embarrassed at how long it took me to figure out how to do it.  I still am confused on who will SEE it since I have no followers, but you can be one of the first (see the little button on the right hand side of the page above the blog archive).  Spending hours on one sentence is not all I accomplished today.  I also engaged in a second writing exercise for The Guardians of Ben Q. Flanders.  I was inspired by the structure exercise I did over the weekend so I took it a step further and laid out all the major scenes that will accompany those structure points.  I ended up with 4-5 major scenes for each of the three "acts" or sections of the story and I am hoping that now this first draft will flow onto the page.  My goal is approximately 50,000 words (usual for a Middle Grade novel) to be done by July 15.  That is one month from tomorrow and if I stay on track with writing five or six days a week I am confident I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please keep them PG as I am writing for kids and young adults and hope some of them will find their way here.