I read a post over at YA Highway from Kody Keplinger entitled The True Confessions of a Multi-Published Author. So, I decided to reveal some confessions of my own.
1. I don't own an e-reader and I don't want to. I am obsessed with the physicality of books and it kills me to think that they may soon be relics- that I may soon be a relic like those crazy people who still have answering machines or butter churns. I am aware that holding on tightly to my paper books could make it more difficult for me to achieve my writing dreams, but I am holding fast.
2. I read so fast that I often don't enjoy a book the first time through because there is no time to savor it. But, I can't slow myself down. Books are my drug. Luckily I am a huge re-reader (and book hoarder, I need to own books) so I get to spent more time with a book the second, third, fourth time through.
3. Happily ever after is one of my favorite phrases of all time. I am a happy ending kind of girl. I know it is not cool or edgy to admit that, but this is confession time, right?
4. Some days I think my writing is really good. There are times when I read my stuff and think, "This is as good as most of what is in the bookstore right now. I could totally make it as a writer." I laugh at the right parts, cry at the right parts, and find a pleasing rhythm to my words.
5. Many days I think my writing sucks. I can pick any page at random and find nothing on it that works. These days are frustrating and if too many of them come in a row, it leads to a few weeks of non-writing.
6. It makes me sad that I can't get to the elusive 50th follower. Really world? Not ONE MORE PERSON could hit that button? 49 followers sounds so lame. Laaaaaaaame.
What are your writing confessions?