Oh gosh- it's been so long since I've posted. For my, umm, dozens of readers, please accept my sincere apologies. As my title says, work and life have gotten in the way of my blogging and writing. Here are a few random things that I've been up to or thinking about:
1. I've read a few really good books in the past couple of weeks: SON OF NEPTUNE by Rick Riordan (I love, love, love Percy Jackson), MATCHED by Ally Condie (chilling and cool), and THE AMULET OF SAMARKAND by Jonathan Stroud (surprisingly biting wit and great fantasy).
2. I had my entire manuscript for AN UNEXPECTED KINGDOM read by my wonderful crit partner, Jenny, who usually reads my WIP (Ben Q.) and she provided some really excellent feedback. I have to take some long deep breaths (the kind that take a few weeks) before really pulling it all apart. It was incredibly helpful, and I believe, necessary, to have someone read the entire novel and then give me more of a review than crit comments. The exercise helped me gain insight into the crit comments from my other C.P. Rena, who has given me extensive comments on my first few chapters. Big virtual hugs to both my C.P.s. For a funny look at what writers go through after getting critique, check out this post by JEFritz.
3. My dog Annie will not stop crying and my dog Boston will not stop pooping in the house when we go to work. I know Cesar Milan would tell me it's my fault, but I'm at a loss in both cases. Awesome.
4. I am dying to get my hands on AWAKE AT DAWN by C.C. Hunter! I am supposed to be cutting back my book spending and it's so hard.
5. Who else is loving new shows, The Secret Circle and Revenge??
6. My baby sister gets married in two weeks. Odds that I sob through my speech? 10-1 in favor.