Sunday, May 8, 2011

Writing Begets Writing

I used to think that if I wrote on a blog or a website that it would be taking time away from my "actual " writing, but actually the opposite is true.  The more often I do any type of creative writing, the more I write in general.  I've heard it's the same with exercise... [crickets]. Anyway I am really enjoying creating the personality of Ben Q. Flanders as I write his story (or rather, the story he happens to be in; as Ben will tell you nothing actually ever happens to him).  I need to do some research for the plot so thus far I have mostly been writing about Ben's life from his point of view.  The story is written in the first person, which is new for me- An Unexpected Kingdom is in the third person although the story is told from Ava's point of view.  A lot of what I am writing now will very likely be cut out of the short story, maybe some will be kept in if I end up writing a full-length story, but I like the exercise anyway. 
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please keep them PG as I am writing for kids and young adults and hope some of them will find their way here.